Wednesday, 24th of May (12:00h) – Friday, 26th of May (17:00h)
NOVA is keen to host potential candidates to work on projects in the different scientific areas approached by our Research Units. NOVA is seeking to attract high quality postdoctoral researchers for joint applications to Marie Skłodowska-Curie Individual Fellowships (MSCA-IFs) in 2017 and onwards.
This Masterclass is intended for Marie Sklodowska-Curie Individual Fellowship applicants with NOVA as host institution. During the Masterclass, you will have the opportunity to get to know NOVA and your future supervisor and research group. In addition the Masterclass includes a hands-on in-depth proposal writing clinic.
What can we offer?
NOVA will host a Masterclass in May 2017 (24-26 May) where potential MSCA IFs applicants will have the chance to travel to Portugal for three days with the following programme:
- Get an introduction to NOVA, Lisbon and Portugal
- Get an introduction to the MSCA IF programme and application;
- Meet your future supervisor at NOVA and research group
- Meet other international researchers working at NOVA
- Work on the project description together with us to ensure an excellent starting point and get relevant input to create as strong an application as possible.
NOVA will cover costs of stay and training of selected applicants.
The Master Class will be led by an MSCA expert. Katharina Horst worked at the national agency for innovation and research in Luxembourg for four years. She was a delegate to European Commission committees on research policy, in particular Marie Sklodowska-Curie Actions, the European Research Council, and social sciences and humanities. In her role as national contact point, she advised researchers and companies on EU funding for their projects. She also wrote How to Write a Winning Proposal for Individual Fellowships. A German national, she graduated from SciencesPo Paris. Moving back to Paris recently, she currently works as an independent advisor on Horizon 2020 funding and innovation policy.
The Individual Fellowships application should be submitted by September 14th 2017 and, if the application is successful, the two-year period will start in spring 2018. The MSCA fellowship provides an allowance to cover your living, travel and family costs.
Who are we looking for and how to apply
We are looking for high quality candidates with projects’ ideas within the research areas addressed at NOVA. We expect you to have an excellent research track record and be enthusiastic, academically curious and open minded towards the diversity of research approaches.
To apply for the Masterclass, applicants should contact potential supervisors at NOVA. The application package should be submitted by the supervisor and should include the following documents:
- Short motivation letter of the candidate explaining his/her potential for an MSCA-IF, including training/secondment goals and plans (max 1 page)
- Short summary of the project (max 1 page)
- CV of the candidate, including contact information (max 3 pages)
- Short CV of the supervisor
- Acceptance term signed by the supervisor (download template)
The deadline to submit the application package is the 21st of April 2017 (deadline extended). NOVA will verify the candidate’s eligibility for the Master Class after which he/she will receive an email by the end of April confirming the registration.
Please note to be eligible for an application, you must comply with the eligibility criteria of the MSCA programme.
If you need help identifying a future supervisor, please select, from the list below, the MSCA Contact Points at Nova:
- Faculty of Sciences and Technology (FCT NOVA): Juliana Monteiro (gab.ad.ria [at] fct.unl.pt)
- Faculty of Social Sciences and Humanities: Carla Pereira (carlapereira [at] fcsh.unl.pt)
- NOVA School of Business and Economics: Alexandra Veiga (research [at] novasbe.pt)
- NOVA Medical School: José Belo (jose.belo at nms.unl.pt); Sílvia Costa (rfo.CEDOC [at] nms.unl.pt)
- Faculty of Law: Inês Braga (ines.braga [at] fd.unl.pt)
- NOVA Information Management School: Joana Lino ( jlino [at] novaims.unl.pt )
- ITQB NOVA - Instituto de Tecnologia Química e Biológica António Xavier: Margarida Trindade (itqb.funding [at] itqb.unl.pt)
- Portuguese Institute of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine (IHMT): Sofia Santos (sofiasantos [at] ihmt.unl.pt)
- National School of Public Health: Marta Cerqueira (msofia [at] ensp.unl.pt)
If you have any questions you are very welcome to contact NOVA RESEARCH (nova.investigacao [at] unl.pt) for further information.
Do you need extra motivation to come and do research in Portugal? Check this video!
Who are we?
|Universidade NOVA de Lisboa (NOVA) is a Portuguese public university located in Lisboa. NOVA has approximately 19 500 students, 10% of which are international students. NOVA is a University with internationally recognized research and quality teaching, progressively oriented towards second and third cycle education. NOVA is the highest ranked Portuguese university in QS World Ranking 50 under 50. It is an active member of UNICA (Universities from the Capitals of Europe) and YERUN (Young European Research Universities) networks.|
If you want to know more about NOVA's Research Units, please go to the NOVA RESEARCH webpage.